10 unconvential uses for a sheet of laminate
Did you know that the applications for a sheet of decorative laminate extend well beyond benchtops? Here are a few nonconventional yet creative ideas you can try at home, inspired by our friends at Formica*:
- Use stone patterns as a “natural” table runner – looks great underneath potted plants and other earthen displays.
- Line the inside back of a bookcase to make an interesting backdrop for books and collectables.
- Apply to a sheet of particle board to create a custom headboard.
- Resurface a coffee or side table.
- Use as a photo backdrop for objects, pets or children.
- Resurface a wood base to a bar. For an industrial chic look, try the Laminex Innovations range (Tracey, pictured above) of metallics and abstract designs.
- Resurface a kid’s desk or art table – an easy-to-maintain option when water spills and crayon smudges are inevitable.
- Apply to stair risers to add an unexpected pop of color or pattern.
- Frame various-sized pieces of the same or different pattern as art (patterns such as the Formica Anniversary Collection work well).
- Resurface a worn wood breakfast tray.
*To keep the folks in our technical and customer service departments happy, we should note that unconventional uses or installation methods (ie: working with our products in a way not recommended by our care & maintenance literature) are likely not backed by our warranty.