The variety and durability of laminate makes it suitable for all lifestyles and many applications. It can create the look you desire for your splashback, with all the added benefits of a softer, warmer and long-lasting material. The simple mix and match palette features popular solid colours, patterns and woodgrains giving you a wide range of creative choices for your kitchen – you could even have a marble look laminate splashback at a fraction of the cost of real stone!
Laminate is stylish, durable, and easy to clean and offers you the variety needed to help personalise your space.
Why laminate as a splashback?
• Durable, scratch, stain and wear resistant
• Water resistant
• Easy to clean
• Wide variety of decors, colours, patterns and finishes
• Affordable option
• 7 year warranty
Tips for installation
• Laminate should be pressed on to a substrate between 4mm - 12mm thick before installation
• Sealing of joins is imperative to prevent water ingress in to substrate
• A jointer system such as the one used with Seratone can be used to finish edges
Laminate is suitable to use as a splashback behind electric and gas cook tops. The following are recommended distances that must be adhered to:
Electric cook top:
Laminate can be used as a splashback material behind an electric cook top provided that it is kept at a distance of at least 100mm from the periphery of the nearest heating element.
Gas cook top:
Laminate can be used as a splashback material behind a gas cook top provided that it is kept at a distance of at least 200mm from the periphery of the nearest gas ring.
1. All installations around gas appliances must comply with NZS 5261:2003 Gas Installation.
2. Installation of all panels must be in accordance with the cook top manufacturer’s recommendations. For more information contact your distributor.