12 Banana Prawns
1 clove of garlic, grated
10g fresh coriander, chopped
40g brown sugar
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbsp gluten free flour
1 cup green glutinous rice flakes
oil for deep frying
|Submitted by: Sachie||14 January 2016|
These crispy deep fried prawns are a must have when you go to Vietnam - they can be served with dipping sauce if
you like but we will season them enough to eat by itself so you won’t need it :) Serve them while they are hot for
some finger-licking treats!!
1. Let’s clean the prawns first. Remove the heads and shells (leaving the tail on) and devein. Rinse under cold
water, drain and put them in a glass bowl
2. Marinate the prawns for 15-20 minutes with garlic, coriander, sugar, fish sauce and white pepper in a fridge
3. Heat oil in a wok or small pot to 180 degrees.
4. If you want to make the prawns into ball shape, then slice the prawn to the middle (not to the tail!) and roll
up, use toothpick to hold the shape.
5. Dust the prawns with gluten free flour (or normal flour if you don’t have any issue with wheat) and dip
them into egg and coat them with green rice flakes
6. Deep fry for couple of minutes or until they are cooked through.
7. Once they are cooked through, drain the excess oil in a kitchen paper and remove the toothpick if you are
8. Serve while hot! You won't need any dipping sauce for this as we flavoured the prawns already!