One dozen Green Lipped Mussels, cleaned and beards removed
Aonori (seaweed flakes) or chopped parsley
Miso Butter (enough for 24 mussels):
1 Tbsp white / mixed miso
50g butter, unsalted and soften
|Submitted by: Sachie||14 January 2016|
This Miso Lime Butter is a handy item to have in your fridge and to have on hand. It goes really
well with not only mussels but also scallops or any white fish. You can slice the butter and use it
into your BBQ too!
1. For miso butter, mix together miso, butter and lime zest in a small bowl, cover with plastic
wrap and place in freezer for 5 minutes or in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm.
2. Boil water in a large pot and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook the mussels for 5 minutes
or until they open. Drain the water discard any mussel that doesn’t open. Remove
top shell and discard. Loosen the meat but keep it in the shell.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high. Line a sheet of cooking paper on top of an oven tray and
place the mussels on top. To secure the mussels, you can use some rock salt / salt underneath
of the mussels.
4. Slice the miso lime butter and place on top of each mussels and sprinkle some Aonori
(seaweed flakes), put them into the oven and grill for a couple of minutes.
5. Remove from oven and serve while they are hot!