Sticky Date Pudding With Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 150ml boiling water
- 25g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 50g butter
|Submitted by: Smeg
||17 April 2015
A quick and delicious winter warmer
- Set the oven to as required (Combi Steam oven - hot air + steam, Compact oven - Circulaire, Standard oven - fan forced)
- Make the sauce - melt the sugar, cream and butter together in a pan and simmer for 5 minutes. The sauce can be refrigerated by will thicken. Microwave or reheat to melt, if necessary.
- Make the puddings. Chop dates and place in bowl with baking soda and boiling water. Add butter and stir till combined.
- Add the beaten egg, then the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Pour the mixture into 4 greased ramekins.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until risen and pudding spring back when pressed.
- Turn out each pudding onto a plate and top with caramel sauce.